# Release notes Visit 4.9
With Visit 4.9 we see the merge of Visit Connect and Visit Partner. For an improved user experience, Visit Connect will now host all relevant Visit Partner functionalities.
- Merge of Visit Partner with Visit Connect Portal
- Visit Connect Portal changes
- Various improvements & bug fixes
# System availability
The release will take place on Sunday 7th February 2021, starting at 23:00 (CET). During the release, some functions of Visit by GES will not be accessible and registrations may be unable to take place. We expect the required work to take less than one hour, after which functionality will be fully restored. @VisitStatus (opens new window) will tweet once the work is complete.
# Reminder: End of life of Visit 3 forms
As notified previously it is no longer possible to edit forms created in Visit 3. They are still displayed in the form listing. Registrants can still register via Visit 3 forms if those links are in circulation. See here for more details.
# Merge of Visit Partner with Visit Connect
For an improved user experience, Visit Connect will now host all relevant Visit Partner functionalities. Users will no longer have to log into Visit Partner, as Visit Connect now gives the ability to:
- Manage invitations
- Manage registrants
- Manage stand personnel
# Visit Connect Portal changes
Along with the merge of Visit Partner with Visit Connect, the latter has also seen some changes, based on the feedback and usage data of Partners. With this release we see:
- New menu layout
- Default questions are no longer available
- Target list is retired
- Statistics are embedded into the dashboard
# Improvements & bug fixes
- Links are now working in Add and configure documents > Documents Designer 2.0. Previously, links added in documents created with Document Designer 2.0, were not being saved.
- Digital content page layout has been improved. To encourage and make it easier for partners to upload content, we've split the layout in 2 columns: the left one for name, description and profile picture and the right one for content upload. As a result, there is less need for scrolling on the page, making the upload function and uploaded content more visible and inviting.
- It is now possible to add hints to Add and edit questions. The new functionality allows organisers to add hints to questions so that registrants are assisted in correctly completing registration forms.
# Coming soon
- Improved group registration
- Release of Visit Connect app as a progressive web application
- Improved and updated API in a JSON (previously in xml) format which allows for an easier and simpler sync of the data